Copyright Compliance Policy
This is the official Copyright Compliance Policy (“CCP”) for StorkBrokers, Inc. (“StorkBrokers.com”), an Internet website. StorkBrokers.com is committed to protecting the intellectual property rights of third parties and providing members with a safe place to sell and buy goods as well as share information. Infringement is the unauthorized use of other people’s intellectual property, such as copyrighted materials and trademarks. StorkBrokers.com members cannot upload, embed, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that infringes any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any person or entity.
This CCP explains the procedures followed by StorkBrokers.com to respond to any notice of alleged copyright infringement from copyright owners and the guidelines for terminating accounts of repeat infringers. This CCP does not cover any other procedures, for any other purpose, or the procedures of any subsidiaries and affiliates of StorkBrokers.com (collectively, "Affiliates"), or any other company, unless specifically stated.
This CCP is a part of the terms and conditions set forth in the StorkBrokers.com Terms of Service Agreement. Any terms not defined in this CCP shall have the meaning stated in the Terms of Service Agreement. Both the Terms of Service Agreement and this CCP are legally binding on all users.
StorkBrokers.com takes protection of copyrights, both our own and others, very seriously and expects our members to do the same. Therefore, we will utilize multiple measures to prevent copyright infringement on our website and will promptly end any infringement that may occur. StorkBrokers.com has the right to terminate the membership of infringers.
How to Send a Notice of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the StorkBrokers.com website or through the StorkBrokers.com Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send the Copyright Agent at StorkBrokers.com a notification of claimed infringement containing all of the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to be infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the claimed infringed material and information reasonably sufficient to allow us to locate the material on the StorkBrokers.com Services. This is providing that the URL(s) of the claimed infringing material satisfy this requirement.
- Information for us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an email address.
- A statement written by you, the copyright owner, that you, in good faith believe that you, your agent, or the law has not authorized the disputed use of materials.
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or an authorized agent to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- Your physical or electronic signature.
Copyright Agent Contact Information
Send the above information to the StorkBrokers, Inc. (“StorkBrokers.com”), Copyright Agent for notification of claimed infringement to the following address:
Copyright Agent, StorkBrokers, Inc.
P.O. Box 82029
Conyers, GA 30013
Attn: Copyright Agent
You may also contact the StorkBrokers.com Copyright Agent for notification of claimed infringement electronically by clicking email@example.com.
StorkBrokers.com wishes to caution you that if you knowingly misrepresent that online content is infringing, you may be subject to heavy civil penalties. These include monetary damages, court costs and attorneys’ fees incurred by us, by any copyright owner, or by any copyright owner's licensee injured because of our relying upon your misrepresentation. You may also be subject to criminal prosecution for perjury.
How to Send a Counternotice
If we have removed your posting in response to a notice of infringement and you believe the posting is not infringing, or you believe that we removed your material due to mistake or misidentification, you may request that we replace the posting by sending us a counternotice as follows:
You must send the counternotice to the StorkBrokers.com Copyright Agent for receiving notices of infringement, whose name and contact information is listed in the Copyright Agent Contact Information section, above.
Your must include all of the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber, which would be you, the member.
- Identification of the material removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the you, the member, has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you will consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located. If your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider is located, and that the user will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of copyright infringement or an agent of such person.
When we receive a counternotice that complies with these requirements, we reserve the right, but not the obligation, to restore the material that we removed after forwarding a copy of the counternotice to the person who sent the notice of infringement and waiting at least 10 business days. If, during those 10 business days, the person who sent the original notice of infringement notifies us that such person has instituted a suit to seek a court order to restrain the user from infringing activity relating to the material on our website, we will not replace the material. Otherwise, we may repost the material at our discretion. However, pursuant to the Terms of Service Agreement, we retain the right to remove, block access to, or not restore material at any time, for any reason, without any liability to the posting member. In particular, a member who sends a counternotice pursuant to this CCP expressly acknowledges and agrees that we shall not be liable to the member under any circumstances for declining to replace material.
Repeat Infringer Policy
StorkBrokers.com has a firm policy of terminating the accounts of repeat infringers. A repeat infringer includes any member who has two or more incidences for which we receive a notice of infringement under this CCP. Each member agrees that if his or her account is terminated pursuant to this CCP, the user will not attempt to establish a new account under any name, real or assumed. They also agree that if the member violates this restriction by opening a new account after being terminated pursuant to this CCP, the member shall indemnify and hold us harmless for any and all liability that we may incur therefor.
This document is the sole statement of the CCP with respect to this website, and no summary, restatement or other version thereof, or other statement or policy, in any form, including, without limitation, machine-generated, is valid.
Any inquiries other than copyright infringement, such as technical help questions, customer service requests, or reports of email abuse sent to the contact listed above will not receive a response.
This CCP was last modified on January 20, 2011 and is effective immediately.